In the hopes of increasing my updates I downloaded a new application. This is a test. This is also what the kiln looks like the day before each and every show I do. It’s at 1600 degrees on it’s way down to room temp. I…
Month: April 2009
I know it’s been ages since I’ve written. I have been subterranean in the studio, nose to the grindstone, trying to get as many pots done as possible. I have three short working weeks left before I embark on my maiden voyage to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. By most accounts the largest event of it’s kind in the US. The week before I leave I have the Minnesota Knitter’s Guild Yarnover event and the weekend I return from Maryland our local sheep and wool festival is held, Shepherd’s Harvest. Production has been steady – but you never know what will be the most popular piece from one show to the next. I’m hoping to have enough of everything – hence the six, sometimes, seven day work week. I’m still nervous about having enough, I guess that will never go away when you make you product from scratch.
All this underground work has me dreaming of spring. It’s always a funny thing here in Minnesota. Folks get all excited and start to pull out the shorts when the temps rise into the mid 40s. Then when the weather turns and gives us a dusting of snow people complain about the never ending winter. It’s only the beginning of April – our last “average” official frost date is MAY 21st. Solid Zone 4. For the non – gardeners out there that means six to eight weeks before plants can be safely planted without fear of killing them. So, time to break out the seeds and start thinking about spring, and, GASP, even Summer.
One last thing before I mosey on back to the studio for an enchanting evening of painting. My good pal Dawn posted about how we can pay it forward as makers. A challenge, if you will. She waves the carrot and I totally ate it. If you’re interested in doing the same follow the directions below! Thanks to Heather for starting this part of the chain, and writing the original manifesto with minor addendum courtesy of yours truly.
On to the fun and games!
The first five (cinq) (cinco) (5) people to respond to this post will get something made by me.
This offer does have some restrictions and limitations so please read carefully:
1. I make no guarantees that you will like what I make. (No refunds… no exchanges!!!!)
2. What I create will be just for you, with love from me.
3. It’ll be done this calendar year (2009).
4. I will not give you any clue what it’s going to be. It will be something made in the real world and not something cyber. It may be weird or beautiful. I may even create something totally unbelievable and surprise you!! It will be handmade and may be any medium I choose. Who knows? Not you, that’s for sure!
5. I reserve the right to do something extremely strange…or awesome…or lovely!
6. In return, all you need to do is post this text into a note/post of your own and make 5 things for the first 5 to respond to it.
7. Send your mailing address if you don’t live close to me! Feel free to email your mailing addy to jenniethepotter at gmail dot com.